Invited talks in conferences and workshops
- Sep. 2016: From single-site to multi-site machine learning with brain graphs: projection and transfer learning approaches. Invited talk at the symposium on predictive analytics in neuroimaging at the Fifth Biennial Conference on Resting State and Brain Connectivity 2016, Vienna, Austria
- Sep. 2016: Gene expression correlations map to functional brain networks. Invited talk at the scientitic symposium on imaging genetics at the 89th Annual Congress of the German Neurological Society, Mannheim, Germany
- Jan. 2016: Graph-based statistical testing for imaging genomics of functional networks. Invited talk at the 12th International Imaging Genetics Conference, Irvine, USA. Video is available but audio is a bit wonky.
- Aug. 2015: Noise robustness and biases in fMRI graph estimation. Invited talk at the minisymposium on Graph analysis of functional brain networks: theory, applications and issues at the 89thth Annual Int. Conf. of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Milan, Italy
- May 2014: Pattern recognition approaches for fMRI in neuropsychiatric disorders. Invited talk at Association for Psychological Science 26th Annual Convention, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Nov 2013: Machine learning, statistical, and network science approaches for comparing brain graphs within and between modalities.
Invited talk given at the workshop on scale-free dynamics and networks in neuroscience,
University of Montreal, Canada. Slides are available.
- September 2013: Clinical applications of single-subject inference on brain graphs. Talk given at the session on decoding
of the first Int. Conf on Basic and Clinical Multimodal Imaging, Geneva.
- July 2013: Practical machine learning with brain graphs. Practical presented at the Summer School on Graphical models for the characterisation of information flow in complex networks: Application in neuroimaging, Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble, France. A small subset of the code is available in the connectivity decoding toolkit.
- June 2013: Alternatives to support vector machines in neuroimaging
ensembles of decision trees for classification and information mapping with predictive models. Tutorial presented at PRNI 2013, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
Slides are available.
- July 2012: Decoding and mapping functional connectivity patterns, invited talk at technical workshop on
Mapping the brain using fMRI decoding techniques, Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS)
8th Forum of Neuroscience, Barcelona, Spain
- May 2012: Modelling functional connectivity: connectivity measures and predictive models, invited talk at IEEE Int. Symposium on Biomedical Imaging 2012, Tutorial on Functional interactions across the brain: multivariate pattern analysis methods and tools for fMRI, Barcelona, Spain.
- Aug 2011: Embedding approaches to fMRI "brain network" classification, invited talk at the Network Architecture of Brain Structures and Functions workshop,
Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics, University of California at Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
- Nov. 2011: Classifying functional brain connectivity graphs, invited talk at the Machine learning and neuroimaging workshop, Institut des Neurosciences de la Timone, Marseille, France
- Sep. 2011: Decoding fMRI functional connectivity: pattern recognition on a restricted class of graphs, invited talk at the Int. Workshop on Biomedical and Astronomical Signal Processing Frontiers, Villars, Switzerland
- Nov. 2010: Connectivity-based decoding: pattern recognition on a restricted class of graphs, invited talk at the Resting-state worshop, Neurospin, Paris, France
- Feb. 2009: A pattern recognition approach to differential diagnosis of dementia from graphomotor data, invited talk at the Young Investigators' Meeting of the Alzheimer Forum Switzerland, Interlaken, Switzerland
Invited talks in universities (selected)